Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Philadelphia

This is my first blog post so bear with me. I'm going to start off with a disclaimer: I may or may not spell and or use the correct word. Now Back to the blog... I was fortunate enough to come to Philadelphia early and visit with my mom before reporting to the Peace Corps. It was an amazing experience. I knew very little about Philly before coming here, mostly the Rocky statue, Cheese steaks, and some of the Historical sites. After leaving I feel like I know more about Philly that Salt Lake.






























I don't know if I believe in signs, miracles, etc... but when I first landed in Philly, there was a Peace Corps sign within 100 yards of the gate! It was extremely reassuring that the Peace Corps is a good move. I was also fortunate enough that my bag broke on the flight here. Although it was a hassle, I'm glad it happened now and not on the flight to Johannesburg, South Africa. It also gave me the chance to see UPenn, which looked like a nice school.



If you get a chance to make it out to Philly some time soon, you really need to see the U.S.S Olympia it is a real gem! It's one of if not the last boat of its kind and was one of the flag ships in the Spanish-American War. Her fate is unknown and maybe sunk in the near future. I was extremely honored to have the privilege to see this amazing ship! (It was also amazing to see the U.S.S Becuna WII submarine)

I'm not sure when I'll have the opportunity to post next, but I get to look forward to 35 hours of continuous traveling YAY! *sarcasm*

7 comments:

  1. Hi Chad, thanks for sharing your experience in Philadelphia; I am actually visiting a friend there later this year. Have fun with your 35 hours of travel. Bring a good book....

    Brit (not Susan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! It will be nice to see what you're doing in Africa! I'm glad there are so many forms of communication these days! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be reading! I'm so happy you get to follow this dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chad, I think you sold me on Philly. I'm thinking it might be a fun place to vist. Did you get to see the bell? Be safe and have lots of fun. Janae

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, Chad! I am looking forward to reading of your experiences. I know that you will do good work with people in great need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice blog. visit & follow me back

    ReplyDelete