Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Getting down to business


2/22 Thankfully we were given time to relax and lounge a bit to get off the jet lag and get used to Namibian time, which by the way is 7 hours ahead. (You can also see the time and weather in Windhoek (the capital, pronounced Vindhuck) We’re now finally starting to prepare for service and learn things that aren’t boring admin stuff.



We’ve been staying at a hostel type place that also has places to learn. It’s a really nice facility. It feels like I’m in California due to the weather and the overall feel of the place. I am ready to leave the training center though. We’re feeling rather confined and isolated since we don’t get to leave much. The town of Okahandja is nice. On the way in, we saw all kinds of animals including Giraffes and Baboons all while driving on the highways. I really can’t wait to see Etosha National Park.

Things have been going really well. I know that the grass isn’t always greener, but due to the rainy season, it’s pretty damn close :P I hope all is well with everyone. Instead of snail mail feel free to email me, radchad@me.com

1 comment:

  1. I love all the photos you are posting! I hope you are liking your camera, lenses etc... The photos look AMAZING! Keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete